Pet Estates Inc.: Online Animal Shelter Volunteer Training
Pet CPR/First Aid Class
Welcome to Pet First Aid/ CPR class
Pet CPR and First Aid
This course is for students that wish to work in the pet industry or wish to acquire knowledge on how to respond in an emergency situation for pets. The course will provide hands on experience in pet CPR using our dog mannequin as well as basic first aid. In this class, you will learn what you can do in the first 15-25 seconds on the scene to make a big difference for a pet. Learning to respond quickly and properly in the first few minutes in a pet emergency is critical and can save a pet’s life. Just a sample of some of the material covered in this class includes:
- Equipment & Supplies for Putting Together Your Own Pet First Aid Kit
- Assessing vital signs
- Understanding basic pet owner responsibilities
- Bleeding & Shock Management
- Restraint, Muzzle, Elevation, Direct Pressure, Pressure Points,
- Immobilization, Shock Management & Transportation.
- Rescue breathing; Managing breathing and cardiac emergencies
- Administering medicine and Treating Wounds
Many more scenarios and skills will be covered throughout the course. Whether you are a pet business owner, pet owner or just a pet lover, this class will provide critical knowledge that could help save a pet’s life.