About this course
The Pet CPR/First Aid is offered as a on line course. This means the traditional face to face classroom has been replaced by on line learning through HVCC blackboard. Students can access blackboard through their student Identification account.
Mary Lynn Gagnon is a Licensed Registered Nurse and is certified by the American Red Cross for pet CPR/First Aid. Upon completion of this class students will acquire their certification from HVCC (Hudson Valley Community College).
- Assessing vital signs
- Understanding basic pet owner responsibilities
- Bleeding and shock management
- Restraint, muzzle, elevation, direct pressure, pressure points
- Immobilization, shock management and transportation
- Rescue breathing
- Administering medicine and treating wounds
- Equipment and supplies for putting together your own Pet First Aid Kit
Whether you are a pet owner or just a pet lover, this class will provide critical knowledge that could help save a pet’s life.
Upon completion students will acquire a Pet CPR/First Aid Certification through HVCC. Refresher Course will help you maintain the knowledge and skills you learned during your training course. Students will be responsible to purchase The dog or cat Pet CPR/First Aid Book and Video that you will be required to read and watch the video. Recertification should be done every two years to maintain the knowledge and skills learned during your pet CPR/First Aid Training.